Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!


Today is Rob's first Father's Day! Well, sort of. Even though Nora isn't home with us, I figure that she probably has been born by now and is waiting for us somewhere in China. So, today we will celebrate and hope that next year Nora will be here to celebrate with us.

I bought Rob two sweet children's books about fathers - "The Very Best Daddy of All" and "I Love My Daddy" - and a father-to-be card (of everything I looked at, it seemed to be most appopriate since it talked about what a great father he will be, which, of course is true!). I photographed them in "his" chair where I picture him reading to Nora.

I would have liked to have posted a picture of Rob today, but he has still not forgiven me for the one I posted of him practicing baby sign language! So, Happy Father's Day, honey! I hope that I have redeemed myself a bit with today's post!

Happy Father's Day also to our Dads! We love you and wish we lived closer so we could celebrate with the quintessential Father's Day BBQ!