Sunday, June 04, 2006

N is for Nora


After much frustration trying to make the ladybug doll bed quilt, I decided to take a break and work on something better suited to my skill level (beginner, very beginner). I got this idea from Kristen who cuts my hair. Kristen was a fine arts major and specializes in textiles - she weaves, she knits, she does it all and she's got great ideas. The last time I was in there she was telling me about a flannel blanket she made for her nephew with his initial on it. I thought that was a great idea and decided that I wanted to make one for Nora.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I think it's really cute. It's not done yet - I still need to do the backing and binding - but I'm really happy with the top. We won't talk about how long it took me to come up with just the right "N"!