Saturday, August 05, 2006

Finally - a place to put all those books!

Today we finished painting and installing the shelves Rob made for the niche in Nora's room. The paint is still drying and I have a bit of touch up to do on the wall, so they are sitting empty for now. But I said I'd update on Saturday and update I will!

We color-matched the paint on the trim, but chose an enamel for durability (probably needed if a wee one will be pulling her toys and books off them every day). I got satin which was the lowest sheen available in enamel and they still seem very shiny, especially in comparison to the very flat walls and trim. I hoping that I'm just sensitive to it because I've been looking at them so closely and that the difference will be less obvious once we get some of her stuff on the shelves.

No comments: