Saturday, August 26, 2006

Success and failure

Today is both a good day and a bad day.

BAD -- Rob and I have decided to discontinue our Mandarin lessons, at least for a while. Neither of us has been committing enough time to study between lessons and aren't progressing as we should. It made for classes that were stressful and unproductive. We hope to try again someday, but this is not the right time for us.

GOOD -- Even though we weren't feeling super-motivated this morning we did both go to the gym and exercise. Rob is actually very good about going and exercise is a habit for him. That's not so much the case for me, but I'm working on it (going to need to keep up with the little one!). I've found that music does a LOT to motivate me. My current playlist is:
  • Crazy - Gnarls Barkley - 2:58 (I use this for warm up b/c I like it, but it will probably come off the list since it's really not a great exercise song)
  • Get the Party Started - Pink - 3:11
  • Crazy in Love - Beyonce - 3:55
  • Yeah! - Usher - 4:10
  • In da Club - 50 Cent - 3:13
  • Pump It - Black Eyed Peas - 3:35
  • Lose Yourself - Eminem - 5:20 (Possibly the best motivational, hill-climb song EVER!)
  • Hot in Herre - Nelly - 3:48
  • Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake - 4:27 (cool down)
  • Sexy Love - Ne-Yo - 3:40 (cool WAY down)
Two others on this playlist are Work It by Missy Elliott and Dirty by Christina Aguilera, but I usually skip both of them. I haven't decided yet if they are bad choices or if I just don't have them in the right place in the list.

If you have a playlist that you love (or individual songs that work really well), please share!

No comments: