Sunday, March 11, 2007

Immigration Update

After we sent in our I-171H extension application, I asked our social worker how long it would take to receive a receipt and fingerprint appointments. She said that our local USCIS office had been taking about 2-3 weeks for this logging in/scheduling process, so I've been trying hard to be patient.

It turns out that that 2-3 week estimate is about right. Yesterday we received our fingerprint appointments - they will be on 3/28. We also got the receipts for the fingerprinting fees, but not for the I-600A application fee. I'm hoping that will come soon. I think I remember it taking a few days longer last time also. Fingerprints and applications must go their separate ways within the CIS office.
Right now my main concern is getting all the paperwork in order so that we don't have any problems when it's time to bring Nora home. The other bit of pressure is that Rob is trusting me to keep track of the adoption expenses, so I want to be sure to get that receipt!
Update: I just checked the USCIS website for the processing times at our local office. As of February 20, they were processing documents received on November 20, 2006 - so three months. That is approximately how long it took the first time through. Ugh. Anyone who needs to reapply, start early.

1 comment:

J said...

Yikes, I better get going on this!!! First order of business this week.