Friday, June 29, 2007

June 29 - a very good day!

Why is it a good day?? Here are all the reasons (in order of occurrence or my discovery):
  1. We had unbelievably beautiful weather. 80 degrees, sunny and only 29% humidity. Doesn't get much better than that!
  2. I went out to lunch with co-workers - my choice, the local malt shop. The boss paid.
  3. The Rumor Queen had GOOD RUMORS!! If this 10 days/month is real and continues, we could have a referral in January or February - wouldn't that be great?!
  4. My Mom and Dad sent us a Grand Traverse Mission Cherry Pie, possibly the best tasting thing ever.
  5. Rob and I realized that everyone either of us had seen all day was in a fantastic mood (must have been the weather)
  6. We had a very nice after-work walk to the beach with Maddie.
  7. Maddie swam (retrieving thrown sticks), without a floatation device, in water over her head. She wasn't even scared (much). My girl's finally a swimmer!!
  8. We went to our neighborhood wine bar for dinner - sat on the patio, had the cheese plate, a salad with gorgonzola, pear and fig and a terrific pinot.
  9. We agreed that all chores can wait until tomorrow, tonight is a night off.
  10. There's going to be a full moon tonight*, so we're going to take Maddie on another walk before bed.

* technically, the full moon isn't until tomorrow. but tonight it'll be close.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What wonderful reasons to be happy!

Sharon said...

I found your blog on Susan Love's blog and thought I'd say "Hello" since we share the same LID. I'm Sharon in Orlando and waiting for Mary Alice. You did a great job on the quilt. I chickened out and had my sister make mine!

Sharon
www.journeytomaryalice.blogspot.com