Friday, June 15, 2007

152 insights into my soul

Do you remember that quote from You've Got Mail? It popped into my head this afternoon as I was opening the fabulous July gift from our Jan DTC Secret Pal. SP, I have no idea who you are, but I do know that you "get" me.

Our SP chose "Father's Day" as her theme for the month and sent two books (one an adorable board book by Garrison Keillor (NPR - Rob's favorite!)) a photo paperweight and a so-sweet "I Love Daddy" bib for Rob.
She also, as usual, remembered our furkids with treats for both Abby and Maddie. Maddie's were "Fortune Snookies" by the makers of the tasty Snausages (no, I've never tried a Snausage, but every dog we've ever known is wild about them). Anyway, "Fortune Snookies" are like fortune cookies, or conversation hearts, for dogs. Maddie is still checking around the table where she got her first snookie, which said "The Bark Stops Here" (inset in the photo of Maddie lurking by the table).
Thank you so much SP. It was a wonderful, thoughtful gift. I bought Rob "Daddy" books last year for Father's Day also, thinking for sure that would be our last Father's Day without a baby (shows what I know, right?) - but the ones you've found are new to us! Who knew that there were so many great books for Daddies to read with their little ones!

P.S. SP, I didn't think your clip art was cheesy at all. It's a fine line between cheesy and sweet isn't it? I dance along that line all the time, frequently falling over into cheesy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What cool pictures! I love that quote and the movie!