Saturday, March 15, 2008

Digi-scrapping - learning a new skill

I've started taking a digital scrapbooking (Photoshop Elements) class online at Go Digital Scrapbooking. This is the end of the second week and I think it's going pretty well - I've learned way more about PSE in the past two weeks than I'd picked up in a year of trying to learn on my own with a book.

This is my assignment for this week - the assignment was using selection tools and layers. We were also supposed to create photo borders. The header wouldn't have been my choice, but it is somewhat in keeping with the assignment. I do like the way the bottom portion of the layout with Maddie's boots drying by the fire came out, though. Maybe I'll rework it a little later.

Really, I'm trying to prepare for making Nora's referral announcements, baby book, lifebook and our travel journal. I tried paper scrapbooking a while back and it didn't go very well. Digi-scrapping seems to be much more my thing (and I don't get glue all over the place). Hopefully by the time Nora comes along I'll have gotten the hang of it.

Update 10:29pm - after some more playing, I have what I think is an improved title. What do you think?

Credits: Digital papers from Emma's Smile by Danielle Young

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COOL! Thanks for sharing your progress and the link. I am seriously considering taking one of the online classes. I downloaded Elements a year and a half ago and haven't spent the time to figure it out. This sounds very appealing. I've been a paper scrapper for years, but I'm starting to burn out the past few years. I am working on finishing up our last China album. I'm really hopeful to do our next one all digitally! Somehow that sounds so much more appealing these days.

Looking forward to seeing more of your pages. :)

Lisa
1/11

J said...

Very cool. I have not allowed myself to get sucked into paper scrapping (way too many tools, paper, etc.) How does one "print" the pages? Do you need a special printer? Sorry, if that's a dumb question.