Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fingerprints

Our CIS (Citizenship and Immigration Services) fingerprints were due to expire on June 27 and since we won't have Nora home by then, we needed to request an appointment to get them retaken. It's an interesting process. You write a letter requesting an "invitation", then a couple of weeks later you get a letter with your appointment date/time and, unless you have a really good reason to reschedule, that's when you go. Our appointment was Friday morning.

This is something I really don't like to do, because it seems like the immigration office is always full of really crabby people. Friday, though, it wasn't so crowded - the guard was friendly, the other people waiting were friendly, the woman taking Rob's prints was friendly, only the lady doing my prints was having a bad day. I've never heard such sighing. Not a big deal to me, since it was only a few minutes of my day, but how sad for her that the day had already gone so wrong by 10am.
Yes, it's true, I'm running out of material for my digi-scrapping class.

No comments: