Monday, April 14, 2008

What's for dinner

Dinner is one of the things that I think we could do better as a family. Right now Rob and I sort of wing it. We usually eat together at the table, but we don't always eat the same thing. It's not always a quality, balanced meal. Sometimes we bring computers or magazines or newspapers to the table with us. NPR is often on the radio.

This needs to change BN (before Nora). First and foremost, I think we need to have a healthy, planned ahead meal for the family. Individual servings of yogurt, fruit and dry cereal is not an acceptable dinner anymore. I'm going to try to do some meal planning next week - shop over the weekend with a plan for dinner each night. I think we'll eat better this way and I have a new cookbook - Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers - that I'm looking forward to trying.

I also signed up for a share of a local CSA farm. I think we'll get our first box in early June. I signed up for a family share, so that should mean lots of fresh veggies this summer!

No comments: