Sunday, July 23, 2006

Book Junkie

I think that I mentioned the December DTC group's children's book club once before. We are now on week 9. I'm a little behind... and buying out of order. I like to shop at Borders and our little downtown bookstore (mostly) because I like having them there and don't want Amazon to put them out of business. I do order board books from Amazon, though, because they have a buy 3 get the 4th free deal that includes most board books.

This afternoon we were wanting to go out for a bit, so I suggested a trip to (insert maniacal laugh here) Borders. Rob can always be convinced to go to Borders because he can get an espresso drink and a fancy pastry and read magazines for free. I think that's allowed, by the way, because they charge a fortune for coffee and put the magazines right next to the coffee bar. Besides, while Rob is reading their magazines, I'm off shopping!

Anyway, my intention today was to buy week one's book, The Kissing Hand. No, I'm not that far behind, like I said I'm out of order!

So, what I went in for was this:

What I came away with was this:

Of course I opened the Chinese music cd immediately and played it the whole way home (5 songs worth). Rob was not pleased, he doesn't like Chinese music and wanted to listen to NPR. I am pleased to say, though, that he does like Diary of a Wombat. I don't know if a child would like it or not, but we thought it was laugh-out-loud funny.

No comments: