Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Letter from the USCIS


Interestingly, although I have not yet received a response to the letter I sent to the USCIS, I did receive a response to the letter I sent to the White House and they forwarded to the USCIS.

This is another form letter response and has what looks like a rubber-stamp signature from Constance Carter who is apparently someone in the USCIS customer service department.

While is it a response, it doesn't say much and offers little encouragement. Basically a canned remark about protecting the best interest of the child. It's hard to argue with protecting the children, except to say that I don't see how re-filing the I-171H does that. If our family circumstances changed since our LID, we would need to get a homestudy update from our social worker anyway. We also have to be re-fingerprinted after 15 months. As far as I can tell the only "extra" added by re-filing the I-171H is needing to pay an additional processing fee.

No comments: