Saturday, July 15, 2006

Letter from the President (well, sort of)


Back on June 6 I wrote a post about the need for a policy change regarding the I-171H. Well, I actually did write letters to our Representative, our Congressmen, the President and the USCIS. Today I received the first response -- from the White House. It was sort of a non-response, actually, the letter says:

On behalf of President George W. Bush, thank you for your letter.

The White House is sending your inquiry to the Department of Homeland Security. This agency has the expertise to address your concerns. They will respond directly to you, as promptly as possible.

The President sends his best wishes.

It was machine-signed as Darren K. Hipp, Acting Director of Presidential Correspondence.

At least I guess it's good to know that they opened my letter and read enough of it to direct it to the appropriate agency (the USCIS is housed under the Department of Homeland Security). I wonder if someone reads mail coming to the White House or if they use some sort of text-recognition software to respond and re-direct.

No comments: