Friday, November 09, 2007

New addition for Nora's library

I was at our local Target the other day and stopped by the children's book section, which I almost always do, and was happily surprised by a new addition to the shelf - Whoever You Are by Mem Fox.

I had seen this book once before and we had it on Nora's library wishlist. It is an exceptional book about diversity and humanity - and it comes in board book (which is the edition that they had at Target). Someday I'll probably get the hardcover, but for now, the board book is perfect and the message will never get old - people are much more alike than they are different. I know that race and racism are much more complex, but I think this is a fantastic introduction for young children.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool. I will have to add this to our list