Friday, May 16, 2008

One World, One Dream.

This seems to be a better (although more difficult to read) translation of the "Beijing Welcomes You" song. I'll admit that my Mandarin is horrible, but I recognized 没关系 (mei guan xi). This version seemed to me to match up better on that part of the song. If you know of a better translation, though, please let me know!

Also, if you are as addicted to this song as I am, you can order the cd here http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-c/section-index/pid-1011006337/. I just ordered mine yesterday, so I don't know yet whether it is playable in a US cd player. I'll report back in a few weeks when it arrives.

If you don't have the patience to listen to the whole thing, at least take away the final message:

Whether black or white, men or women, Christian or Muslim, Westerners or Easterners, all together for a dream.
No more separation.
ONE WORLD ONE DREAM.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Hi Nora:

Thanks for the link to the video...love it! I posted it to my blog too. The song is addicting.

We're getting closer!!

Sharon

Kath said...

What a beautiful message! Thanks for sharing this, norasmommy