Saturday, May 17, 2008

Preparing for our referral

I have our referral announcements ready to go. The two Chinese knot versions are shown to the left, there is also a third version which is a flat note with a ribbon - no knot, but it does have a yuzen paper-lined envelope like the others. I also made matching envelope seals with Nora's initial.

The only thing left to do is add Nora's picture to the template and print!

I'm also working on an email announcement and our email
distribution list. I guess I could probably start addressing the envelopes for the paper announcements as well.

In other news, today we went to have visa photos taken - we need one photo each for our visas and two each for the adoption registration in China. I also checked our passports to be sure that we have at least 6 months validity and 2 blank visa pages. Rob would have been close, but for some reason he has two passports (one must have been lost at a time when he needed to travel) and the second has plenty of room left.

Here's a rough transcript of my conversation with the photo guy at the UPS store:

UPS guy: Smile less
Me: (smile less)
UPS guy: Less
Me: (smile less)
UPS guy: You know, you aren't supposed to smile at all
Me: How will they recognize me if I'm not smiling?
UPS guy: After a 20 hour flight and standing in line at customs, you won't be smiling.
Rob: (laughs)
Me: (thinking ... I'll be in China to get my baby, no chance I won't be smiling)

I did come away with pictures where I'm smiling a little (no teeth though- the UPS guy wasn't going to push the button if he saw teeth). Thanks to my Dad, I always smile with teeth; it looks better that way, right Dad??

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny conversation! I hate to say this but the UPS guy is right...after 20 hours of flying and 500 people in front of you at customs, you won't be smiling. I was actually about to start crying until a sweet soul took pity on us and let us cut the line. Remember, look as pitiful as you will feel and you might be able to jump up to the front...which if you only have 20 minutes to make the next flight, you will need the jump!

Sharon said...

Beautiful announcements!

I had to laugh at the last comment about smiling and your dad. My dad was a dentist and always said the same thing!

That reminds me...I need to go get Visa photos done too.

Sharon

AG'smoma said...

Great job on the announcements! If I wasn't smiling at the immigration line, it's only b/c I was totally exhausted. I was definitely happy to be holding our daughter on US Soil and off of that airplane!!

I'm crossing my fingers that you are next!!

hugs
Cris

Anonymous said...

Your announcements are gorgeous!

AirForceHon