Saturday, January 26, 2008

More books ... and some music too

Today we resumed our Borders habit with lunch in the café and a little book shopping. I bought myself a Chinese page-a-day calendar on clearance for $4 and got two new books for Nora - Zen Ties by Jon Muth and You're Never Too Little to Love by Jeanne Willis. They are both great and the second would be a fantastic Valentine's gift for a little one if you're looking for something.


I was also at Borders last Monday (I had the day off for MLK day) with my 40% off cd coupon and bought 3 new cds for Nora. Nora has very little music of her own - just a few cds and some stuff that I downloaded from iTunes ("Octopus's Garden" - Ringo Starr, "Rocket Man" - Elton John, "Merry-Go-Round" - Antje Duvekot and "Yellow Submarine"* - Ringo Starr) - but I'd like her to have more. Sooo, I've added a new blog page for Nora's Music - there's a link in the sidebar to the left. If you have any suggestions for great children's music, I'd love to hear them!

* Paul has said that he wrote "Yellow Submarine" as a children's song for Ringo to sing. I'm choosing to believe this, rather than the alternate interpretation.

No comments: