Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dresser indecision!!

The dresser that we were rebuilding/refinishing for Nora's room has been a comedy of errors. Long story short - the drawers don't fit right and Rob is not too keen on re-rebuilding them, so I'm dresser shopping. I'd really like one in green milk paint, but those are all really expensive, so my finalists are all antique white like the crib.

As a refresher, this is Nora's crib (a very old picture):
The three dressers I'm currently considering are:

(1) Madeline - Chest of drawers matching Nora's crib. This is 45"wide, 20"deep, 43.5"high - the largest of the three. I can make it fit, but you should know that Nora's room is more cozy and charming than huge.

Pros: matches crib, provides a good amount of storage

Cons: largest of the three options, most expensive



(2) Berkeley - Chest of drawers from the same store as Nora's crib, but in a different style. Size of this one iz 38.5" wide, 18" deep, 32" high.

Pros: paint color likely matches crib, smaller size that would work well next to the chair

Cons: least storage of the three



(3) Jenny Lind - Chest of drawers from different store than the crib. This one measures 37" wide, 18.5" deep, 34" high.

Pros: Traditional style could be repainted and used pretty much anywhere, smaller size that will work well next to the chair, deeper drawers, optional accessory top available

Cons: paint may not be exact match to crib (although both are described as antique white so I think it will be close)

I like #1 and #3 better than #2, but I'm having a hard time deciding between those two. I like #3 a lot and it is the truer match to my personal style, but #1 matches her crib.

Thanks for your input! This poll closed on 1/26/08 - results are shown below:


P.S. I ordered dresser #3 (which is the 3-drawer Jenny Lind dresser with accessory top from Land of Nod).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I love, love, love #3!!

Kim R. said...

Go with #3. She'll be out of the crib sooner than later, and you'll still have the dresser. Plus, 3 has style!

J said...

I have to agree with the group. I love #3.