Monday, October 08, 2007

Luggage - we could use some advice

This month's packing list challenge is luggage and travel aids ... and I think I'm in a little over my head. We don't have the right bags for our adoption trip. Everything we have is either too small or too heavy. I've done some research online and visited a couple of stores and I'm overwhelmed by the selection. Right now I'm thinking either a 24" or a 26" suitcase and a 26" or 30" wheeled duffel, hopefully with a third bag (non-wheeled duffel) packed inside one of the other two. We'll each have a carry-on also. Does that sound about right for two people and whole bunch of baby stuff? Keep in mind that we can't go over the 44lb/bag limit on our in-China flights.

And once we settle on size, which brand? We need really durable, lightweight bags. I'm leaning toward TravelPro at this point because the best bag we ever had was a little 22" Rollaboard. I have to say, though, that I really liked the Victorinox bag that I saw at the store - and it was super-light, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra money over the comparable TravelPro. Any words of advice?

Update: I thought that the TravelPro Platinum5 25" expandable rollaboard might have been the bag, but I emailed to find out the weight -- 13.2 lbs. That might be a little bit too heavy; I was hoping for closer to 10 lbs. The search continues...

1 comment:

Angela said...

ooohh, look how keen you are!

Maybe I'll just let you do the research for me and I'll buy whatever you decide on!! lol!!

Great questions...I am really quite undecided whether we should buy new luggage...maybe I'll start with weighing what we have! Every pound counts!

Good luck!

Angela :)