Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Still hoping to be the change

Last Spring I was very interested in getting a Mandarin language program in our local grade schools. I wrote about it here and here. For a while things were looking promising - I'd volunteered to be on the task force and everything. Then... nothing happened.

I'm not really sure where this stands anymore. Maybe our district didn't get the grant for the investigation or maybe it got put on hold over the Summer and not picked up right away in the Fall. Or maybe something happened and they forgot to include me.

Last week, the district learning services director contacted me again, though, and said that she wanted to schedule a meeting. Today I received another message saying that the meeting will be next Wednesday. I'm going to clear my calendar at work so I can leave a little early and make it back home (i.e. our town) for a 4:00 meeting. We are apparently going to "discuss progress thus far and ideas for future implementation". That sounds pretty good to me. I'm excited again. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: