Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Get in the game, get a coach!

No, not that kind of coach... although John Wooden is pretty cool (click on the link above to learn more about him). Thanks to J we found Dr. Poonam Sharma, The China Adoption Coach.

Last night she hosted a teleconference, "Preparing for the Adoption Trip". It was really less about travel, though, and more about bonding, attachment and transitions. I've done a lot of reading about adoption and I still thought this was an hour well-spent. Even better, I put the call on speaker phone so Rob could listen in. I even caught him taking some notes!

Dr. Sharma will be having a repeat session on Oct 1. If you're interested, you can register here http://www.telephonebridgeservices.com/event_details.html?eventid=9959. The call is one hour long and it's FREE (except for phone charges). She also has an e-newsletter that I just signed up for and the site has some very helpful links as well.

BTW, Dr. Sharma is mother to one daughter from China and is LID March (?) 2006 for her second. So, she's both a licensed therapist and an a-parent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information! I can use everything I can get my hands onto!