Saturday, September 08, 2007

A fun, productive afternoon

Rob and I went to check out Peapods, the natural baby store this afternoon. I wanted to look at the g diapers and Ergo baby carriers in person and I knew they had both. The jury is still out on the diapers, but I did get an Ergo! Ours is the black with camel lining. Ergo doesn't make carriers in a ton of colors or patterns like Mei Tais, but I've talked to a few people who have them and read the reviews on TheBabyWearer.com and they seem to be the most universally liked of all carriers. Hopefully it works for us.

On our way home, we stopped at JoAnn Etc. so I could pick up some fabric swatches for the cushion I'm making for Nora's toy box. Honestly I expected to find a few possibilities, bring home swatches, reject them all and repeat the process about four more times. Instead I found fabric and it was on clearance for $2/yard! The pink will be the cushion and the green and pink stripe will be used for piping. I love the funky, bright retro print. It gets better every time I look at it. It's even got butterflies (the green things).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats soo cool..Glad you were able to go shopping..Its so fun! It seems I have a long wait ahead which means a lot of shopping time ahead of me

J said...

Love the fabric !! You scored big time. I had last Wed, Thurs & Fri off to get started on Syri's room. I got zero done. Getting B off to kindergarten was a much bigger task than I imagined. Not sure how I'm going to handle 2. Good thing I have plenty of time to get the hang of one in school. I will just continue to enjoy your accomplishments !!!