Monday, September 03, 2007

My new project

This is my toy box - my brother built it for me when he was about 14 years old (Pretty good for a middle school shop project, huh? I couldn't build that now!). After I went away to college, it went to my nephew, P, and has been in my my brother's basement since P outgrew it. Two weeks ago it came home with us for Nora.

I'm going to paint the outside a vanilla white to match Nora's crib and the inside will be bright lime green. Tonight I need to find some new hardware online - new hinges and an easy close mechanism to keep fingers from getting smashed. I also ordered some foam to make a pad for the top (fabric tbd). Nora's room isn't graced with a window seat, so I thought this would be a nice proxy for that - a little place where she can sit with a book.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is really a lovely piece of furniture..How cool that its staying in the family

Angela said...

Oh I can't wait to see it finished! i know you will do a great job, you are so crafty!!

Angela :)

Snugglebug Mama said...

So neat to have something from your childhood for Nora to use! Will love to see the finished project.