Wednesday, December 05, 2007

CCAA Update

Despite some rumors of a 12/15 cutoff, the CCAA has confirmed that this month's matches are through 12/14. So, a six day batch - matching the RQ's "horrid" case scenario.

Sadly, extending this timeline puts us in June (or even July depending on how much time is lost with the Spring holiday). The Beijing Olympics start on August 8. This is NOT good.

I would love to find the silver lining here, but I'm just not seeing it tonight. I told Rob I was going to finish this post and then cry. He asked me why. Ah, blissful ignorance. Wish I could do it.

I do want to congratulate the families receiving their referrals this month - and especially the CCAI 12/9 and 12/14 families! I'm happy for you, really. Unfortunately, it is completely overshadowed by the sadness that I feel for us.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i cant imagine how you are feeling..Im still hoping for a surpise speed up!

Snugglebug Mama said...

Jennifer - You are more then entitled to feel sad right now! I just said the same thing to my friend Michelle who is 8 days away now - just far enough away that it is most likely she won't hear anything in January as hoped.

It just plain stinks!!!!

Alyson and Ford said...

I too am hoping for the months to begin going a little faster. My best case if that December is finished in two more months (Jan - Feb 2008 - this is a wishful dream), then January 2006 is completed in two months which would possibly put you and us getting our referrals the first week of April. Probably a more realistic timeline is that you have your referral in May and ours in June. I am still being VERY optimistic "assuming" that the dossiers were supposedly less in numbers in 2006.
Can't hurt me anymore; this long wait has been an emotional ride I want to get off!
Hang in there!
Thanks for visiting our blog.
Alyson
LID 01/27/06