Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Outdoor adventures with baby

If you've read this blog for a while, you know that Rob and I enjoy outdoorsy activities like hiking, camping and kayaking and would really like to share these things with Nora. This year's camping trips were mostly about figuring out how to make it all work with a little one.

I've also spent some time talking to my friend K who's a backpacker about how she manages with her 9 month-old daughter and she swears by the Sherpani Rumba frame carrier. $229.95 - gulp. It's one of those things that I'm always looking to find on sale. Well, today ... jackpot!

I received an email from REI advertising an extra 20% off one item at REI-Outlet. I clicked on it, not expecting much, and was very happily surprised to find a closeout 2007 Rumba (black color only, which is ok with me) marked down to $149.93. With the additional 20% off it wound up costing $119.93. I saved $110! I'm so excited!

I haven't told Rob yet, so I think it might be part of his Christmas gift ... or maybe an anniversary gift (our anniversary is also this month). If you talk to Rob, please don't mention to him. Thankfully he doesn't read this blog, so he won't find out here!

P.S. This is for hiking/camping only. The plan is still to use the Ergo as our day-to-day carrier.

No comments: