Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas tradition

Yesterday Rob and I went to the Lorie Line Holiday Extravaganza at the Orpheum (an absolutely gorgeous, historic theater) - we go every year and consider it our anniversary present to each other. In recent years, Lorie has been bringing kids up from the audience for a special activity. This year they sang the 12-Days of Christmas - it was amazing and the costumes for the kids were unbelievable (10 lords a leaping were frogs in crowns, 9 ladies dancing were kitties in tutus). I've posted the photo below, hopefully you can click on it to see more detail. If that doesn't work, try this link to Lorie's website (click on the word link).
Also on the Christmas front, I took a quiz that I saw on Rhonda and Mike's blog to find out which holiday character I am. Yeah, why bother you ask, when I already know the answer. Yup. We're the Griswolds.

The holiday season brings out your competitive side. You want to give the best presents, have the best-looking house on the block, and cook up the most delicious holiday feast. You strive to be number one at everything you do, which makes you prone to holiday freak-outs when things don't go as expected. As long as you stay calm, you're great to have around during the holidays – mostly because you're trying so hard to make sure everyone else has the BEST possible time.

... and if you live in our neighborhood, I'm am profoundly sorry for our woeful exterior illumination. We'll do better next year - 'cuz next year will be our first Christmas with Nora and of course I'll want it to be perfect.

1 comment:

J said...

Somehow I did not peg you two at the Griswalds. I will have to checkout that survey. Too funny. The only lights I could get Chris to put up was on our deck railing. The nice thing is that we can see them and enjoy them.