Sunday, December 02, 2007

A green Christmas?

Rob's family has decided to have a "green" theme for this year's family Christmas celebration. Most of our gifts are bought (some of them greener than others, but none too terribly un-green) and today I turned my attention to gift wrap. I've been thinking about reusable gift wrap, but honestly don't think that I have enough time left to make fabric bags. Hopefully I'll get that done next year. For now, I'm easing my way in with recycled wrapping paper, which was none to easy to find. If we lived in the UK there would have been a lot of options, but here in the US not so many. I also managed to find some natural trim and the coolest gift tags ever. I wonder if Al Gore wraps his Christmas gifts...

I also have to admit that I bought a Christmas gift for Nora, even though she won't be with us yet this year. Rob doesn't know about it (yet), so I'm thinking of maybe wrapping it and having him open it on her behalf. I want to also get some sort of baby's first Christmas ornament since I figure that Nora has probably already been born (how many times have I said that and been wrong - this time, though, I think it's really true). Next year, we'll think of something extra-special to celebrate our first Christmas as a family.

1 comment:

Raz Godelnik said...

Hey,

green theme for the Christmas celebration is a great idea! I hope many families will have greener holidays this year and will share and give green gifts to each other.

books on green topics can be a great option and if anyone is looking for ideas, I would like to recommend our gift guide for book lovers, which has already 8 green books that are also great gifts (http://www.ecolibris.net/holiday_guide.asp)

Happy and green holidays,

Raz @ Eco-Libris