Monday, February 25, 2008

Care package challenge!

Once we get our referral, we'll be able to send a care package to Nora at the orphanage (or foster home). Since it's packing-related, the care package is this month's packing list challenge. This was a very fun challenge - WAY more fun than the paperwork challenge that I still haven't finished.

Here's our care package so far:

Pictured are:

  • camera 2-pack
  • baby's family photo album (Nora's referral photo will go in the window on the front)
  • labels for photos (they are ready, but not stuck in yet because we are missing photos of a couple of family members. You know who you are -- if we don't get photos, we'll draw you. You've been warned!)
  • 2 bags of Jelly Bellys for the nannies or foster mom
  • 4 small boxes of Frango chocolates, also for nannies or foster mom
  • "taggie" blanket that I bought on Etsy (sooo cute!)
  • fleece blanket that we got from one of our secret pals
  • a bunny lovey
  • two sleepers
  • 4 pairs of baby socks
  • rattle
Missing from photo:
  • letter to orphanage director (not finished)
  • baby questions book (ordered from Sharp books, but not here yet)

All of this stuff has to fit in a shoebox-sized box. I've had some trouble finding a box like that (I don't save shoeboxes and Pack and Mail didn't have the size I needed), so I haven't had a chance to do a test-pack yet and don't know how much of this won't fit. If there is a space problem, I'll pull out the fleece blanket and the "taggie" blanket.

2 comments:

Kevin and Kim said...

Great job on the package!!

You will be glad to get it ready ahead of time!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I just got a shoe box sized plastic container with lid from Target, and that worked fine. I think I just covered it with brown packaging paper and sent if off.

Lynn