Friday, February 08, 2008

This whole thing is getting really repetitive

Yesterday I received a phone call from our agency saying that we should make an appointment for new fingerprints (this will be our third set) because they expect our fingerprints will expire before we bring Nora home. That's not too surprising, but it still made me a little sad. Our prints expire on June 27.


Question of the day: I understand why they want to do another background check (makes perfect sense -- it's been 18 months)... but why do they need new fingerprints to do that? We still have our same fingers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the fingers, Tom had the same question. I'm glad to hear that they processed 8 whole days! Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Snugglebug Mama said...

I was told that unless you have a criminal background, BCIS does not keep the fingerprints on file. Seems silly because they are electronic - but I guess it doe tie into infringing on our rights etc...

Made some sense, but frustrating nonetheless! June is so far away - do you really need to go in now (and spend the money) Seems like you could wait until late April and still be safe.