Monday, February 18, 2008

Election night traditions

By now you probably know how important I think it is to establish family traditions. Shared experiences are, I think, a big part of what binds us together as family. We have some (and a few of them are really good), but I think there's always room for more.

Election nights are no exception. Rob and I usually go together to vote after work, grab a pizza for dinner, then come home and watch the returns on CNN while munching on a bowl of popcorn.
If at all possible, I stay up until all the results are in, otherwise I could go to bed thinking that Al Gore is president and then wake up to... Well, that's another story.

Our state's primary is tomorrow and we're planning on our usual election day activities. I'm wondering, though, what could make it better (aside from my guy winning). Any ideas?

P.S. I made that little piece of type mask artwork at the top of this post in Photoshop. It's part of my digital scrapbooking practice - if you can't tell, it's pizza, popcorn, an American flag and CNN's election set inside the word VOTE. I lack the patience for paper scrapbooking, so I'm trying to learn digiscrapping. It is quite possible that I don't have the patience for this either. I really like to be good at things right away.

2 comments:

AG'smoma said...

I think that artwork was very good. I'm not sure that I have the patience for that kind of thing, either.

BTW-how was the card making class? Have you taken it yet?

Snugglebug Mama said...

Check out Julie's blog (To Tess and Back) She does digital scrapbooking and had a recent post about starting to take a class through someone on-line.