Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gone to the dogs

Today I went to the Pet Expo with my friend J and had a great time! The best part was meeting Winslow the Berner and his person at the therapy dog booth. I've always thought that Maddie would be a great therapy dog but unfortunately I've lacked the commitment to get us certified. Now I really think that we should do it. I think we'll repeat obedience II starting in March and then work on her CGC (canine good citizen certification) and TDI (therapy dogs international). I don't know if we'll have time to do much work once Nora comes home, but maybe we could get into a kids' reading program or something that we could do as a family. Even if that doesn't happen, Maddie and I will get to spend some time together and do more training - that alone is a good thing, especially with a little one coming soon. :)

No comments: