Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The diaper bag challenge!

Well, it's the end of the month and time to post this month's Packing List Challenge. This is a cross-post of my entry over there. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!!

Wow - no where near ready and already I need a Sherpa!

Here's what I've got so far:
* Backpack. I'll probably also bring a smaller packable bag or tote for use on short outings while we're there
* Thermos, Playtex nursers, extra nipples, formula bags, formula (formula not pictured)
* Change of clothes for Nora
* Hat for Nora
* Lovey or blanket
* Bib for Nora, snacks (including some for Rob and me, not pictured), bottle of water (not pictured)
* Changing pad/clutch, wipes, diapers (diapers not pictured/purchased)
* Diaper rash cream, Teething gel, other meds for Nora (tbd), probably also a small first aid kit and meds for us as well
* Soft rattle, teething toy, rings. I'll probably also toss in a small book.
* Pacifiers, probably a couple of kinds
* Tide pen, Purell
* Map/travel guide (tbd when we know where we're going), China language reference, Baby care reference -- probably not the whole books, our agency suggests tearing out selected pages of travel guide in particular once the itinerary is set.
* Camera (not pictured - it was taking the picture since I'm still trying to get used to the little camera)
* Cell phone/Panda(?) phone (not pictured)
* My little Coach wristlet with cash, credit cards, lip balm and Altoids minis

Thanks, Stephe, for creating some motivation to get this done -- I really appreciate it, cuz I would have waited til the last minute for sure. Can't wait to see everyone else's post so I can figure out what I've forgotten!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love posts like this..Makes things seem real..thanks