Thursday, August 23, 2007

Get thee to Target!

It started off innocently enough, just a quick after-work trip to the local Target store... but of course I had to walk by the baby section (looking for a changing mat for the August China packing list challenge task). I didn't find a changing mat that I liked, but I did find some incredible bargains on cute baby clothes. Look at this - the cap was only $0.98 and a couple of the onsies $2.78. The most expensive thing was the skort and even that was less than $5. Pretty incredible.The logic behind the gray t-shirt was that I thought it would look good with the little velour track suit that I bought on clearance at BabyStyle last Spring. I know, it's very pink... but doesn't it look comfy?While I'm thinking about this -- does anyone know if we can donate clothing to our child's orphanage while in China? There's no reason why I couldn't snap up a bunch of this stuff while it's on sale and take it over to China with us. It wouldn't take up much room - and it would be a nice placeholder in the luggage (give it away when we get there and fill up its space with souvenirs).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Im so glad you had a good time today..you found some great goodies

Snugglebug Mama said...

You can donate to the SWI, but I believe the clothes must be new. I have heard that some people just bring the cash and arrange to go shopping with the SWI reps while in China - you can get a whole lot more for the money there as compared to here.

Someone on my orphanage yahoo group just did a fund raiser and contacted Ann at www.redthreadchina.org to do the shopping. Ann contacted the SWI director and found out what they needed most and the group member arranged to wire the funds to Ann. Of course, you'll pay a fee for the service (only $10 per hour I think), but it was a neat way to support the orphanage with what they really needed. Just a thought.

FYI - this is just a good site period for shopping. Her prices are reasonable and we got the order shipped very quickly.