Sunday, August 12, 2007

A whole aisle of baby bottles

So, I went to Target this afternoon to start buying some of the little essentials that we'll need for our adoption trip. It was completely overwhelming- Target has a whole aisle of baby bottles. How the heck am I supposed to know what we need? I thought I remembered seeing in something (from our agency, I thought, but now I can't find it in any of the materials from them) about a Playtex nurser, so that's what I bought even though everyone seems to get the Avent ones now. I also got bottle liners, a few nipples (and realize we need more and different kinds), a thermos for hot water, a package of disposable bibs, two packages of disposable changing pads and a Cheerios travel box.
I've also been thinking about which toys we should bring for Nora. I need small/light toys that will hold her interest. Here are some of the things that I'm thinking of bringing with us:
The Safari Roller was one of the very first things I bought for Nora. It's inflatable, so easy to pack and I thought it would help encourage crawling, if she's not already doing that.
The Taggies Stack and Nest cups were a sale find yesterday. It seems like a really good toy and it's very light weight and crushable, so good for packing.
Bear in Ring is a very nice wooden Haba rattle that I bought a while back. I really love it, but wonder if it might be better to bring a plastic teething toy instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How fun and I love how you thought about the inflatable part..How cool! This is such a fun blog!