Sunday, August 12, 2007

Planning Ahead


Fellow January DTC LIDer Stephe has started a Packing List Challenge. Every month there will be a new challenge to help us prepare for our adoption trips. Isn't that a fantastic idea?? Thanks, Stephe, for doing this! I dislike packing and need all the motivation/inspiration I can get!
This month's challenge is "Diaper Bag in China" and Rob and I have decided that it would be best to bring a daypack that can hold our laptop and camera in addition to the baby gear. This is the High Sierra Access daypack and as you can see from the photo it's expandable so that we can reduce the volume for the times when we leave the laptop behind and have just Nora's stuff to carry. Hopefully it will continue to have a life when we return home as well.

I just ordered the pack last night, so hopefully it will arrive sometime this week. I'm off to Target this afternoon to start picking up some baby bottles, disposable bibs and other buy-ahead baby essentials. So glad to have this challenge to get me moving, otherwise you know I would surely leave it til the last minute and get myself all stressed out.

2 comments:

AG'smoma said...

Hi Jennifer! That daypack looks great, nice and sturdy. I love that it has a rain cover, too! This new packing group has really helped to get me more motivated, too!

Take care
Cris

Snugglebug Mama said...

Jennifer - I used something very similar on my trip and it was great! One word of caution though, because it continued to expand, I WAY overpacked it for the flight home! I wish I would have brought along another small backpack for just the baby's things and used this one for the computer, cameras, adoption paperwork etc... Seriously, I think my backpack weighed more then my small suitcase!